Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm sorry, Raven. Truly I am.


After a long hiatus (it probably should have continued, but what else am I going to do while I'm sick), I return to Wordzzle. Life has been running me ragged but when the germies slow me down I have to keep my brain busy (or I'll turn into a zombie and that ain't pretty). Now, don't sound the trumpets yet. When it's all over you may want to grab that Gong Show hook and drag me away.

If you click on the graphic up there (that square thingy that says Raven's Saturday Wordzzle Challenge), you'll find the Wordzzle headquarters. From there, you're just a clickity click away from leaving a comment and being able to visit other Wordzzlers (I think that's a word...).

So...

The words for this week's ten word challenge were: palace, hypocrite, canned air, telephone, biscuit, pinball, acorn, customary, fruit juice, waterfall

Valiant Knight Toby sat on the small chair, afraid to breathe. It creaked every time he shifted and it was as comfortable as sitting on a bowl of acorns. He was in Princess Ruby’s elfin palace for a very special celebration in his honour.
A plate of fresh biscuits was placed on a lovely doily in the center of the round table. As Princess Ruby started to pour the fruit juice into delicate flowery china cups, his mobile telephone rang. Her shoulders slumped a bit, but she didn’t look up and kept pouring the amber liquid. He rose gingerly and walked to the corner of the room, bent at the waist.

“My fair princess, I’m afraid I have to leave. The wizard summoned me, there’s a situation I have to attend to.”
“That’s all right.” she sighed. “I understand, you have some very important work to do.”
“I shall return as soon as I’ve dealt with the problem, I promise.”, he bowed as is customary when leaving a princess’s company.

He felt like a hypocrite and a cad, but the pinball factory paid him a great deal of money to keep things running smoothly.
He turned and noticed the banner that wished him a Happy Father’s Day and the waterfall of tears coming down his little princess’s cheeks. At that moment, you could have knocked him down with one small burst of canned air.




MixwitMixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes

20 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Outstanding!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Clever and interesting. I like the feature. I've not seen it before. Happy Saturday...

Finding Pam said...

What a great post. I am sorry that you are sick. Get well soon

Melli said...

BRAVO! You think pretty darned well for a sicky! I LOVED this story!

Anndi said...

Travis: Thanks bro... sometimes stories just creep up on you.

Bud: Thanks pal! It's a lot of fun, I missed doing it. Happy Saturday to you too.

Pam: Thank you, thank you, thank you! :) Nice of you to stop by.

Anndi said...

Melli: Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Raven said...

Poor Princess Ruby and poor Valiant Knight. Sweet story. Glad to have you back. Sorry that you are sick and that it requires you being under the weather to get you wordzzling. Hope you are better soon and that you wordzzle with us on better days too.

Anndi said...

Raven: They both lose out, don't they?
Lack of time led to my absence, hopefully I'll be able to find the time to join you regularly! I've learned a lesson from poor Valiant Knight ;)

Captain Dumbass said...

Nice wordzlewhatever...

Oh, and if you send me a Fleur de Lis toque I'll totally wear it.

Anndi said...

Captain dumbass: Thanks... how big is your head? You do realize I'll want photographic evidence.

Jeff B said...

When you're feeling blah a good shot of potassium usually helps. I know I have a few extra bananas around here I could spare!

Anndi said...

Jeff: You have bananas?

bettygram said...

Good story. Poor Valiant Knight he will be missing so much that he will not be able to gain back.

Anonymous said...

I hope the Prince someday learns that precious moments won't wait and a stuck pinball will. Great, albeit sad, storytelling.

Dr.John said...

I loved the story. I don't know if I felt worse for the dad or the kid.

Anndi said...

Bettygram: I'm glad you enjoyed it. They do grow up fast, don't they?

Quilly: I think there are many princes, ladies and knights that have yet to learn that fact of life. Thanks!

Dr. John: Glad you enjoyed, Sir. I know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

Oh if it makes you feel any better, I'm sick, too. Ugh. It sucks, doesn't it?

I remember an aunt when I was really little who always gave big sloppy kisses. I would run like hell from that woman. LOL

Hope Monday brings some kisses and health to your house. :)

Dianne said...

you rock ya know!

sorry I'm so late and so sorry you're sick

I send hugs and soup

Anndi said...

Fairyflutters: I'm sorry you're not well, it does suck. Hope you feel better soon too.
I had an aunt like that. I think there's a requirement that we all have at least one. ;)

Dianne: I don't know about that, but thanks. :)
Thanks, for the thoughts, hugs ans soup.

Meribah said...

Awww, that was sweet. Good job...for a sicky! Get well soon. :D