Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hump days...

Should I do a Wordless Wednesday? It's not like I have much to say.

Thanks for the wishes for health... at least I don't have pneumonia. Phew!

I can report that inhalers suck... yuck. And that I have renewed appreciation for healthy lungs. If you've been blessed with them also, please take a moment and visit my friend Desert Songbird. She lives with Pulmonary Hypertension and does so gracefully.

I got a CD in the mail! Yay! Thanks Vince... Chicklet was doing some car dancing (well bopping and swaying really) to WOODFISH on our way home from school yesterday. I tried... but it made me feel woosy, so I stopped.

Sometimes it's good to just wander the interwebs. Lookie what I found:


MixwitMixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes


I'd never heard this guy before today and I was missing out. His name is Sean Hayes (no, not the actor), please give him a listen. I really enjoy his voice and the bare simplicity of the music. I've included more than one song on the mixtape (I am seriously digging this new toy). The sun was shining in through the patio door, I had a nice cup of Chai and this music on... almost forgot I was feeling puny.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make myself some French Onion soup from scratch... maybe it'll scare the germies away!





Edited 1:50 PM: This? Is why God invented onions. YUM!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard a bit of Sean Hayes before. I really like him too!

I have the punies now, but not too bad. I have asthma though so hoping the head congestion doesn't make it's way to the lungs.

Drinking tea also. Mint.
I like chai too.

Glad you are on the mend.

Charles Gramlich said...

Soup sounds good.

Desert Songbird said...

Thanks for the shout-out, dear heart. I'm humbled by the mention and by the compliment.

Hope you're feeling better very, very soon. Yay to no pneumonia, but bronchitis sucks.

Anndi said...

Kate: Sean's wonderful, love the voice.
Sorry about your punies and asthma, let's hope you get better right quick.
I'll have peppermint tea later on. Cheers to you!

Charles: It's yummy!!

Songbird: You're most welcome. Thank you for sharing of yourself with us, dear heart. *germ-free hugs*
I'd never had it before, I hate being this wheezy.

Pam said...

digging sean hayes...very folk-y and that one rhythm you hear reminds me of the type johnny cash liked to use.

inhalers are pain in the butt...i have one because allergies & exercise induce my asthma. thank goodness for the spacer though, i hate sucking in that crap straight from the inhaler. yuck!

Pam said...

p.s. french onion soup is my favorite...would love to try to make it from scratch, but there are only a couple of us who would eat it.

Pam said...

p.p.s. may have to 'borrow' this whole mix tape at the end of post idea (why hadn't i ever thought of that?) :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Songbird is a treasure and an inspiration.

Feel better, my friend.

Anndi said...

Ciara: I love the rhythm as well. My ex had one of those chambers... dang I didn't get one and now I have to suck that god-awful crap. Blech!

It's mine too! and sweetie, I'm the only one that eats it in my house! LOL You don't have to make enough for an army!

Go right ahead, I "borrowed it from Captain Dumbass *giggle*

Mims: Indeed she is, as are you my dear.
I'm trying. The yummy soup helped a bit :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Get to feeling better my friend...

Glad the Ep arrived safely...enjoy


Soup looks YUMMY

Anndi said...

Bond: No comments about the music?! Are you feeling well?

Akelamalu said...

I love French onion soup, in fact I love onions! :)

Romeo Morningwood said...

Kewl!
It is fun to wander around and find these nuggets.

OK I can't stop thinking about having French Onion Soup now!
I LOVE IT!

I can smell it..oh crap now I need to make some tonight...

Thanks Anndi.

Anndi said...

Akelamalu: Aren't they amazing?

Wotzizface: *giggle* You know, I enjoy calling you that.
There are some awesome gems out there.
Do it... have some... it's goooooood!
*evil grin*

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

Glad to read that you are doing ok... being sick sucks.

That soup looks great... anytme you want to come down here stateside and make me some, well, I won't protest :P

Pam said...

well maybe you'll post the recipe for one? :) man, that looks sooo good.

Anndi said...

Kay: I'm on day two of the antibiotics and still waiting for them to kick in, but I'll live.
You could always come and visit, you know. You're welcome here anytime! :)

Ciara: I can, if you're ok with approximate quantities :)

Take two big onions, sliced thinly (Vidalia onions work great!)
Caramelize them in a thick crockpot. I use butter (about 3 tablespoons of it). This has to be done on a low heat and will take about 20 to 30 minutes. Stir often.

Once they're brown (but not too dark), add about a tablespoon of flour and stir well.

Add about 3 cups of beef broth (homemade is best) and bring to a boil stirring and then lower the heat. Heat for about 10-15 minutes (add pepper to taste). Wait to add salt as the broth plus the cheese might provide enough saltiness.

I like to pour it into oven safe bowls (like in the picture) and add some crunchy toasted thin baguette slices on top. Cover the bread with grated gruyere cheese and pop in the oven to melt the cheese. I like broiling it for a few minutes to get the cheese a nice golden colour.

And voilà!

Travis Cody said...

Onions? GACK! I hope they made you feel better. If it doesn't work, try grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Bee (the one who muses) said...

He sure does have an awesome voice!

Gah! I want some onion soup now! I won't dare make it though. ;o)

Captain Dumbass said...

Ok, what the hell is with the flashing Mixwit picture? It's like it's trying to send me a subliminal message or something. I think I'm about to have a seizuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Anndi said...

Travis: What? It's not like I said PEAS.

Bee: Yup, he does.
Just don't burn your kitchen down, ok?

Captain Dumbass: oops.

Dr.John said...

Soup and antibiotics that should do it. I start every day with something to clear the lungs, sleep in an oxygen mask and on bad days carry oxygen with me and life is still good.

Jeff B said...

French onion soup is one of the items on tap for our Thanksgiving dinner this year. Yum-o

King of New York Hacks said...

French Onion Soup. Cheese. Nuff said.

TopChamp said...

If it wasn't for the fact that I've eaten like a pig I'd be salivating over that soup - it looks lovely.

I like the music. (that's all I was gonna say but the comment box is next to the soup on my screen)