Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Monday, November 24, 2008

ah yes, I remember it well



Remember that feeling you'd get as a kid when you would bust out running full speed and you were convinced that if you could ramp it up just a little more you would totally be able to fly?

Me either. I've been a slug for over a week now and the doc confirmed I have influenza DESPITE my getting the vaccine for it earlier this month.



So be warned, I expect you all on the interwebz to keep me entertained as I'm bored out of my skull.

One good thing about being awake in the middle of the night is watching movies completely uninterrupted by A) a child, or B) snoring dogs (but just wait til you've been sleeping for 30 minutes and they'll be all up in your face licking it and wanting out to pee).

So... I watched (again) one of the most brilliant comedy teams around these days...



I didn't think cops could be as funny as zombies but damn it all if they are!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sorry to hear you're still sick.

Mine turned out to be a head cold.
Thankfully! Cuz I already had the flu once this year - and of course, that was after getting the flu shot! Go figure!

I, however, do not enjoy watching movies late at night when I can't sleep. I just get real irritable because I want to sleep. ha ha ha!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

nitebyrd said...

YAY! I can see you again! LOL

Hope you feel better soon, hun.

Akelamalu said...

Right, you've been ill long enough now I'm sending you oodles of Reiki to get you well. Prepare to be blasted! xx

Casey said...

Holy crap, influenza? Isn't that really serious? I hope you feel better soon, turn off the computer and take a nap.

Anonymous said...

Ack, sorry you're sick. Influenza is Not Fun.

Travis Cody said...

Now that actually looked like a comedy I might want to see.

Travis Erwin said...

Hope you feel better soon.

zipbagofbones said...

Hot Fuzz is one of the best movies EVER. I love it. And Shaun of the Dead.

Hope you're feeling better!

Charles Gramlich said...

I've wanted to see that movie but haven't yet. I liked Shaun of the daed a lot.

Connie said...

Welcome to the dark side of the evil jerm bug.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

The movie looks great. I hope you are feeling better. I'd offer you chicken soup, but I'm outta chicken. And soup...

Unknown said...

Aw...I'm sorry you're so sick. I'm bringing a vat of chicken soup over.

Anndi said...

Kate: Thanks! I'm glad you feel better.
This movie made me forget how annoyed I was. ;)

Nitebyrd: Yay! I hate feeling invisible ;)

Akelamalu: Is it supposed to tingle?

Casey: Doc says I should be functional in about a week. Good news was my lungs are clear. Naps... gooooooood!

Goodfather: Thanks and no, it isn't.

Travis: You would!

Travis Erwin: Thanks, me too!

Cat: I've decided I need to get the Hot Fuzz DVD to go with my copy of Shaun of the Dead. Thanks!

Charles: You'll laugh, go rent it... it's worth it. You? Like a zombie movie? NOOOOO! LOL

Blarney: It sucks doesn't it?

Bud: It's a great movie. LOL it's the thought that counts. ;)

Dana: Thank you my precious friend.

Desert Songbird said...

Flu? Gack! Stay away! Stay away! (I love you, but no germies, PLEASE!)

Mimi Lenox said...

I don't have any chicken or soup either and you wouldn't want me to cook it but if I had it and could cook it, I'd do it!

Feel better, my friend.
Smooch

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who broke her tailbone once.. and it was pretty bad. So even thought I've never broken mine - I feel bad that you broke yours.

That must've sucked big time!

Lu' said...

Good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts x 100,000,000. There, feel better yet?

steenky bee said...

Sorry your sick. I feel so badly. Maybe if you put a cape on it would help. I've never tried it, but how could you feel down wearing a cape? Also, I love the new mast head. Nice!

Unknown said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I hear that if you can figure out flying, it gets rid of the flu.

Pam said...

ugh! that happened to the entire family last year despite our having flu shots. i did get sick not long ago, but it wasn't too bad. girls got sick a bit, too, but not too bad either.

i used to get dressed & put on makeup to help me feel better...it doesn't really work tho lol

i hope you feel better soon.

Kelley @ magneto bold too said...

Sickness sucks.

Make sure you milk it though, I find saying things like pleurisy scare the living shite outta my husband and I get all the chocolate I want and don't have to do the dishes.

Dr.John said...

I got that shot. You mean it won't protect.
That does look like a fun movie.

DeeMarie said...

I believe I can fly!!!
Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Sending some cyber-chicken soup!!!

Captain Dumbass said...

That was a great movie.