Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Friday, October 16, 2009

you have to keep trying...

Sometimes...

We can't feel what the other person is feeling... and we may hurt them...




... more than once.

But you know, when you have love in your heart, in the end... it's ok.

If everyone could forgive like Harry does... maybe there would be Peace.

A big smile and a giggle help too, don't they?


Oh...I just saw the most beautiful globe in all of Blogblast For Peace history on Thursday when I stopped in to visit Michelle of "Crow's Feet" at the urging of my Queen Mimi, the founder of this beautiful movement.
Go on and see... it's so very inspiring.


Go on... click the BEE... and BEE the change.

Join the Blogblast for Peace and get a Peace Globe for November 5th, 2009.
And yes, I have resorted to using cute and precious children to get you to join *grin*



Photobucket

14 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Sometimes peace involves forgiving ourselves, too.

Travis Cody said...

Get outta my head, will you? My post for Friday has a similar theme.

Michelle's Globe really is wonderful, isn't it?

Anndi said...

Songbird, that's why it's important that we love ourselves.

Travis, heh! Bro, the eerieness is just... I can't even begin to explain.

It's gorgeous. Breathtaking.

Ron said...

Bwhahahahahahahahaha!

Bwhahahahhahahahaha!

Oh dear god, Anndi...this video clip is both hysterical and precious! I want you to know I watched it THREE times! Charles giggle at the end made me HOWL!

Thank you so much for sharing this, my friend.

And you are so right...if everyone could forgive like Harry does...maybe there would be Peace.

X ya!

Anndi said...

Ron, I watch this video regularly because it's one of those precious moments that just happens where kids are involved. Pure. Sweet. Funny. Made of win.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

That is most certainly one of the best globes I have witnessed in three years...

Dianne said...

it is a wonderful video

Hope has taken to hitting me in the face and then crying :)
so I kiss her reall hard and snuggle her neck and then we both laugh

Anndi said...

Bond, the most inspiring ever...

Dianne, Hope (and how appropriate is that name?!) is lucky to have you... SMOOCH
The smell of a baby's neck... it's like crack! Only healthy! LOL

Mimi Lenox said...

That globe is something else and full of Earth Mother wisdom (wink).
The bees are buzzing up a peace storm.

Brian o vretanos said...

I'm not sure it's just about forgiveness.

Harry does not view Charlie as any less human because of his actions.

When others become theives, rapists or murderers, many cease to view them as anything else, and believe they no longer deserve any human rights. Whether we can forgive someone or not, dehumanising others dehumanises us too and is an obstacle to peace.

j said...

Michelle's globe was stunning.

My daughter was doing the "Charlie" speech today. She cracked me up. Seeing that you posted the video cracked me up again!

I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend!

Debra said...

Thanks so much for stopping my way and leaving a comment. I always enjoy making new blogger friends.

Loved the video clip! So funny! And yes, would that we all could be as forgiving as that little guy that got his finger bit.

Blessings of peace and all that is good,

Debra

Captain Dumbass said...

I love that video. If I could just start with some peace between my kids...

Anndi said...

Mimi, buzz buzz buzz *wink*

Brian,

...dehumanising others dehumanises us too and is an obstacle to peace.

Very true... That gave me an idea. Thanks :)

Jennifer, it's a blessing to have little ones around.They force us to focus where it matters, whether we want to or not. Very nice to have you as a part of my peaceful community.

Debra, visiting you was a pleasure. I hope your day is filled with little blessings and giggles.

Capt, the beauty of those brotherly spats is that when it's all said and done, they go back to being brothers. My wish is that they carry that with them always.