Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Monday, October 19, 2009

Dona Nobis Pacem - an invitation

We believe that words have power, so this matters.

You'll notice from a few of us Bees a fairly identical post. Bees do that sometimes. A Bee does a little dance that lets the other Bees know where the good stuff is. And so, Travis the dancing Bee, reminded us of this Meme and we're following him to the good stuff.



This is the best tag ever. It's about Peace and activism. It's about unity in the bloggosphere. It's about community.

It's about time.

We are tagging the universe for Mimi, (doesn't leave many left to tag - she's everywhere as Julie and I have noticed). But it's ok...the great thing about this meme is that you can tag your friends and neighbors on any social network site you prefer.

Peace Globes are on Facebook and Twitter and BloggersUnite and iPeace!

This meme first appeared in May 2008. Mimi introduced it, and the Peace Globe Worker Bees thought this was a great time to do it again. We're just 16 days out from this year's Blog Blast for Peace.



Begin direct quote from Mimi Writes...

Peace Globes did not begin as a meme. But it began to behave like a meme. Blog to blog to blog. Like a fog. We didn't use the word "tag" ....but that's what we did when we invited others in our blogrolls to participate. The fact that you did so without the obligatory tag is proof that the concept is powerful.

It's a fact that the fastest and most effective way to spiral an idea out of control in the blogosphere is via a meme. I should know! The 700+ bloggers who participated in past launches (and that truly is the tip of The-Iceberg-I-Never-Found) knows what it means to them. It's about unity. We have that in spades. It's about activism, awareness, crossing political lines, making a statement and sharing ideas. We've done that. We have the vision as a core group of bloggers for peace; but we do not - yet - have the power in numbers behind the message.


Unity in numbers = power.

Peace power?

What a revolutionary idea.

My vision hasn't changed. Nor has my commitment to the project or my willingness to work hard. But if it is to have the influence I know it can - then I have to work smarter. Today, I, Mimi Queen of Memes, toss a slew of beautiful little peaceful globes into the galactic blogosphere - to get the ball rolling.

How far will they go? Where will they land?

Who will catch them? Where will they send them next?

Who will draw a picture, write a poem, make a song, write a post....that might have the power to begin to change the landscape of my world?

Someone will.

Will it be you?


A friend told me earlier this evening "I have a healthy respect for the power of the written word. If we can all get together and do this on the same day, with the right post title, it can have meaning....It can extend the meaning and become more powerful."

Right, my friend. A revolution of words.

Don't you want to know how far your words will reach? Have you ever wondered if what you write has relevance and meaning to someone else? Maybe someone in another country, maybe even a violent place. Or just a lonely space.

I have to believe that there are many others who - given the opportunity - would like to speak for peace. I say we should use all the tools at our disposal to make sure they get the chance.

This meme is a movement.

Let's move it.



BlogBlast For Peace Meme ~ Join The Revolution

Here are the rules and the story.

Copy this into a post and tag as many people as you'd like.

The Peace Globe project began in the fall of 2006 with a simple post from one blog, Mimi Writes. The post ignited a flame in the blogosphere. The flame became a passion. The passion became a movement. It amazingly traveled from blog to blog to blog across the globe. Bloggers wrote passionate articles on what peace means to them, along with the promise of three Latin words scribbled on a globe - Dona Nobis Pacem (Grant Us Peace) - branded with the integrity of their names or blog names. It was positively inspiring to watch. And it began to happen all over the world - from Singapore to China to Afghanistan to Brooklyn.

It was simple. And powerful.

We will speak with one voice. One subject. One day.

Won't you join us?

On 5 November 2009, DISPLAY YOUR GLOBE IN A POST. Title your post "Dona Nobis Pacem". This is important. The goal is for all blog post titles to say the same thing on the same day. Write about peace that day or simply fly your globe.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE TAGGED TO PLAY.

Please consider passing this meme through the blogosphere.

This is Mimi Pencil Skirt reporting from the lovely land of the Peace Globes.

Memeing the Movement.


End quote from Mimi Writes...

You're all tagged. Everything you need to know about how to participate can be found if you click on the Worker Bee Badge at the top of my sidebar. And once you've created your Peace Globe, email it to blogblastforpeace@yahoo.com so it can be included in the Gallery.

This is a worthy thing. It's a community thing. It's a blog thing. It's a human thing.

Do it. Post your globe on 5 November. And visit Mimi on that day. Sign Mr Linky and click on the hundreds of other links to travel through the bloggosphere and see other Globes, and read heart felt words about Peace.

Be a Peace Blogger.

Dona Nobis Pacem.




12 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Definitely a worthy event. I'm not sure I will be able to take part, but it's good to see folks doing something for peace.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Beeeees all around

Charles...Just grab a template, put your name on it and post that day!

Put Dona Noblis Pacem in the subject and you are done

Travis Cody said...

Just buzzing through to admire the most excellent work of a fellow Worker Bee!

Dancing Bee...love it!

Mike Golch said...

Great posting!

Ron said...

You are SUCH an inspiration, Anndi!

Truly you are!

I think blogging has taught me the most about the power of words. To be able to touch and affect others from all over the world, still amazes me.

Hey, I had no idea about the bees!

Thanks for sharing that info.

Love ya, my friend!

Peace!

{{{{{ Anndi }}}}

Akelamalu said...

You busy bees are doing a great job on promoting Blogblast for Peace Anndi. Good on ya!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Hello Bee Girl =)

Anndi said...

Charles, considering your love of words, you may very well find just th right poem or quote for the occasion... if you need help with a globe, I can do that!

Bond, bzzzzzzzzzzz

Travis, just following your lead "dancing Bee" ;)

Mike, thanks! You've been a busy bee yourself promoting the event!

Ron, I'm so glad I've gotten a chance to get to know you through blogging :)
I found out about the bee dance when I was my Chicklet's age. I've had a fondness for bees and honey for a LONG time.

Akelamalu, there isn't anything I wouldn't do to help Mimi's Peace Globes :)

Starr, hello right back atcha Bee Girl!

Mimi Lenox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi Lenox said...

Still amazed at the bees. I can hear them even. There's a ringing in my ears, I tell ya! Oh...that might be something else. No, seriously, I'm amazed.

Stepping AWAY from the hive now...Don't mind me.

Desert Songbird said...

I see you've BEEn one busy bee.

Michelle said...

I'm one big smile here. :-)

Nothing like watching Peace bees work to feel all "warm and fuzzy"! ;-)

I think the ripples of peace is just gorgeous.