Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Thursday, October 15, 2009

when the soul soars... along with the body

Tuesday night, I felt sad.

Until I saw this...









I sobbed. Tears of release and joy, not sadness. To me, the precious gift Mia Michaels gave the world was a celebration of Women, of Life, of Peace... faeries, cherry blossoms, nymphs. The soft power that comes from the Sisterhood.



And when it was over, I was at Peace.

I've been talking of Peace now for a while, and I still am...

I'm reminded of the grace and comfort that women bring in times of war and strife, sorrow and struggle.



The skillful hands of the wartime nurse...

The care worker that comforts an AIDS orphan...

The Breast Cancer survivor walking for a cure...

A grandmother's hands as it sows a memory quilt...


A UNICEF worker helping mothers feed their children...

My friend Mimi...





"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."
- Harriet Tubman


For remarkable women everywhere...


Join the Blogblast for Peace...



Be the change...


Photobucket




November 5, 2009


The Peace Globe Gallery

10 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Girls just wanna have fun?

Travis Cody said...

That dance was extraordinary.

Akelamalu said...

Great video and a great post Anndi. x

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Have not seen it yet..on TiVo...looking forward to it

Excellent post Anndi

Cinnamon Girl said...

That was gorgeous.

Anndi said...

Charles, sometimes... and sometimes we want to hold the world in our arms and make everything better.

Travis, it's breathtaking. It stands on it's own.

Akelamalu, thank you so much for your support. You're such a kind soul.

Bond, you'll have to come back because it's Canadian SYTYCD. LOL!

Starrlight, chicks rule.

Coco said...

*hugs* Love you, sis.

Anndi said...

Coco, I love you too... you're one of those remarkable women *hugs*

Ron said...

Oh my, my, my....

This post is brilliant, Anndi!

The photo of the little child being feed brought tears to my eyes.

the grace and comfort that women bring in times of war and strife, sorrow and struggle.

You said it, girl!

The soft power that comes from the Sisterhood.

Soft...yet VERY powerful.

Love ya, Twin!

Thank you for this!
X

Anndi said...

Ron, I stared at that picture for a long time and it made me feel better about the world.

You know, one of my all time favourite movies is Steel Magnolias. Precisely because of that soft power.

*hugs*