Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday tissues... and hope

My dear friend Mimi is going through one of the most difficult times a person can go through. She sits vigil by her father as his physical strength wanes.

Two years ago, I accompanied my mom as she fought but lost her long battle with cancer. It was exhausting, and there were days when I was just numb. I decided to trust that the little things would get done and focussed everything I had on my mom, dad and daughter. I wouldn't trade the days and nights I spent with my mother for anything in the world.

I wish Mom and Dad would have met Baxter when they were nearing the end of their lives...




If an old paralyzed dog can bring a dying patient some peace and comfort without a word, imagine what we can all do if we come together.

Please join the Blogblast For Peace movement, do it in memory of someone you loved and lost.

I'm doing it for Mom and Dad.




“If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people.”
-Thich Nhat Hanh


November 5, 2009

3 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

Lovely post Anndi =)

Akelamalu said...

I've been in the same situation as you and Mimi with my Mum. Lovely post Anndi. x

Travis Cody said...

Nicely done.