Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lightness of being...



Too much turmoil and not enough smiling isn't good for a girl...

This week, Chicklet and I sat down to watch SYTYCD Canada's first competition show. We'd been watching the auditions and a few dancers had already caught our attention. We picked the performances that made us go SQUEEEEEEEEE and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The judges are:

Luther Brown who has choreographed for the likes of Shawn Desmon and Keshia Shante;


Blake McGrath - a canadian dancer from season 1 of SYTYCD USA and a fierce choreographer;


Tré Armstrong who starred in "How She Move" and has worked with Missy Elliott and Sean Combs;


and last but not least, Jean-Marc Généreux (choreographer extraordinaire for SYTYCD USA) and a possible distant cousin of mine as he and my maternal grandmother share a last name!

So far, we've enjoyed watching just how talented the Canadian dancers are who are vying for the priviledge of becoming Canada's favourite dancer.

Now, I'll be frank. Nico Archambault... Oh My WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and swoooooooon!
Montreal boys...mmmmmmmmmm! Yup... he comes from MY backyard! Nico is a lyrical dancer... but he HIT this first number!

Arassay Reyes is a hot thang... and Travis, she's got LEGS LEGS LEGS!!! and baby, HIPS HIPS HIPS!

HAWT!

And this dance started off the season.. a salsa by Gustavo Vargas! MUY Caliente!!!



So you know who I voted for...

The next couple I wanted to share with you is Lisa and Vincent-Olivier (another sweet thang from my backyard)...

They're both contemporary dancers and this routine was breathtaking... it was magic. Stacey Tookey did an outstanding job with this choreography... wow!



I voted for them too...

This couple... Allie and Danny (another Montreal boy *sigh*)!!

They are the CUTEST thang! Here they are doing a great rockabilly 50s jive choreographed by the UBER talented Melissa Williams.




And Jean-Marc is right: CHEMISTRY!!!

I voted and voted and voted!

There are some outstanding dancers in this competition. We're quite pleased... yup!

21 comments:

Brian o vretanos said...

It's good that the two of you had some fun time...

Akelamalu said...

I get the distinct impression that you really enjoyed that show! ;)

Anndi said...

Brian: Chicklet and I had a wonderful time watching this and hunting down the videos made me happy. Dancing has always lifted my spirits.

Akelamalu: Maybe just a tad ;)
I could watch dancing all the time. My favourite movies growing up were ones that involved dancing. I mean, I wanted to marry Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire!

Ed & Jeanne said...

If I were dancing on a show it would be MWWYWD (man we wish you wouldn't dance)...

Dan said...

I love SYTYCD I went to last years tour, it was a lot of fun. Too bad I'm too old for the show cause I got some moves.

steenky bee said...

I love when they have to DANCE FOR THEIR LIVES! I'm just always a little let down they aren't dancing over a fire pit or something.

Anndi said...

Ve: I'm sure you're being too humble ;)

Dan: You and I should start a "I'm to old but you want me" version of SYTYCD.

Steenky bee: What you don't see is the swarm of fire ants they stuff down their pants... sometimes it's a swarm of bees. Really!

Liz Hill said...

It's great to be able to share fun things like that.

Christo Gonzales said...

blake mcgrath has a boob, thats like a celebrity nip slip...
http://www.celebnipslipblog.com/

Anndi said...

Turnbaby: Chicklet's great!

DB: I hadn't noticed... really! But you did... hmmmmm ;)

buffalodick said...

In my day, I was a fair to adequate dancer.. My wife and I almost won a dance contest, while she was 7 months pregnant with our first.. I could have won, but chose to dance with my wife.. It's not what you see, it's what you think you saw... Illusions are what TV does best.. and the "fix" is always in..

Mimi Lenox said...

This did make me smile....Thank you.


Your June 2008 peace globe has been placed in The Peace Globe Gallery.
You are officially peace globe #1053.
BlogBlast For Peace ~ November 6, 2008 is going to be awesome! See you there!

Anndi said...

Buff: Maybe now that you have some time on your hands, you and your lovely bride will take up dancing again!

Mimi: Glad you smiled my Queen! I'll be working on my new globe tomorrow... while I'm reminded of all I have to be thankful of.

Slyde said...

i wish i could get into that show.... i seem to be the only person in the world who refuses to watch it..

Reb said...

I have never gotten into watching the dance shows, or the Idols shows, or Survivor or it's ilk. I am glad that you & Chicklet had a good time watching though!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RW said...

I miss it! :D

Schmoop said...

I just want to take this time to wish my fave Canuck a Happy Thanksgiving Day. Cheers Anndi!!

Anndi said...

Slyde: I can hold your hand while you watch it...

Reb: We do! It's great! Oh.. and Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Canuck! Is it snowing in Alberta yet?

removed: spam spam spam... not quite as bad as telemarketers or junk mail.. but close.

Roger: Awwwwwwwwwwwww! Watch with me!

Matty: Thanks babe. I have some baked beans with pork cooking ... come on over buddy!

Dianne said...

Happy Dancing Thanksgiving!!

These clips were so hot my monitor is smokin'

Thanks for making me smile.

Travis Cody said...

Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I must find a way to watch this show...or at least the Final Four when it gets down to it.

Thanks for the clips! I loved all of them, especially the Jive!

And JM Genereaux rocks!