Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Monday, October 13, 2008

being thankful

For love...


The love of a child, a soul mate, a parent, a true friend...

For lessons learned along the way.

For everyone who has come into my life, even if their actions or words have been hurtful. From them I have grown.

That I can see my loved ones' faces... feel their hands in mine... hear their voices.

For the moments that bring giggles... even when its not "appropriate".

For my freedom. Freedom to stand up for myself and speak my mind... and the men and women that sacrificed so much so that my voice can be heard.

For songs that make my soul smile... and soar.




And for learning to love myself. Finally. I am beautiful.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, my beautiful friend! ♥

Sanni

Travis Cody said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Brian o vretanos said...

As a man, I never understand why so many women find that last one difficult.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Meribah said...

Hope you stuffed yourself silly like I did! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Desert Songbird said...

Too often we forget to be thankful for the heartaches and the challenges.

Happy Thanksgiving, mon amie.

Desert Songbird said...

Oh, and NEVER forget, "Tu est tres belle, mon amie. Tres belle."

Anndi said...

Thank you, Sanni! *hugs*

Travis, it was!

It's about more than outer beauty, Brian... and sometimes it's hard when those around you seem to take pleasure in making you feel ugly.

We did, Meri! We did! Glad you enjoyed your day.

It's the difficulties that allow us to grow, Songbird. I'm thankful for recent growth.
And thank you... :)

Ron said...

BRAVO Anndi!

The love of self was one of the most challenging of loves for me.

And still is at times.

But it all starts with us…doesn’t it?

Great post, my friend!

And I’m THANKFUL to know YOU!

Happy Thanksgiving!
X

Jean Knee said...

Hey how about you celebrate again with the U.S?

stuffing yourself twice is always a good thing

Bee said...

I love that first song! Sometimes, we need that little reminder that we need to be thankful for the things we have. And thankful for the things we don't.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anndi said...

Ron: Love of self is extremely difficult... but how can we expect others to love and respect us if we don't. I struggle some days more than others.

I am SO thankful I've got you my dear friend... I'm totally wearing a Cher wig and licking my lips. BTW *wink*

Jean Knee: Absolutely! Since The Honey is American I feel compelled to celebrate with all y'all.

Bee: Thanks! It's a wonderful version too.
It's difficult to be filled with grace, but I try to remember that things could be worse.

San said...

It isn't Thanksgiving here, but it's always nice to be reminded of all we have to be grateful for, especially that last blessing--"learning to love myself."

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

Kinda needed this today, Thanks A--

Unknown said...

Good job, precious friend!