Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Let's party!

Today is my dear blogging friend (and almost twin) Ron's birthday and I'm going to make a fuss. Because I simply adore him. And he's worth it.



I felt a kinship with him instantly and he's one of my MUST read blogs. He makes me laugh, puts a smile on my face when I'm down and has a great approach to life.
In many respects it really feels like he and I were separated at birth (by a few years and a day)!


And since he loves chocolate... and cake... (pssst... I asked for a "wedding cake")



A toast to you my darling friend!


Don't forget to CLICK HERE to go over and wish him a happy birthday... mayb he'll share the cake and champagne!



"We turn not older with years but newer every day."
- Emily Dickinson
"Believing hear, what you deserve to hear:
Your birthday as my own to me is dear...
But yours gives most; for mine did only lend
Me to the world; yours gave to me a friend."
-Martial

10 comments:

Ron said...

HOLY SHIT…I’m speechless!

Yea, I know…ME…speechless?

NOT!

OMG, Anndi…from the CENTER of my heart I thank you!!

This was the BEST birthday gift!!!!!

(and don’t tell anyone, but it’s also my FAVORITE!!)

And the cake???

I just have one word…

ORGASMIC!

(I’m licking the computer screen right now)

Thank you. And not only for the cake and champagne, but for your words.

Whenever I think about how I NEVER thought I’d EVER start a blog, because I thought they were only for mentally insane people…I’m always reminded of all the wonderful souls and connections I’ve met along the way.

And thank YOU for being one of them.

It’s been an absolute pleasure!

Thank you again, my Libra Twin Sister.

(because we’re only 24 hours apart, ya know)

HA!

X

Anndi said...

Ron the birthday boy: You're worth it!

We'll go out for cake and champagne when we finally meet my friend. And a long walk, because I know we'll have a lot to talk about.

You are absolutely awesome.

Dianne said...

I adore Ron! He has the most wonderful soul and is an f'ing laugh riot to boot

Happy Day before YOUR Birthday too

Anndi said...

Dianne: He really is a great guy. A real mensch.

Thanks!

steenky bee said...

This was so sweet. Happy Birthday, Ron!!!

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll wish him happy bday if I can have some cake.

Anndi said...

Jen: He's a sweet guy.

Charles: *cuts Charles a big piece*

CrystalChick said...

Ron is wonderful. His blog is terrific. What style! And just the sweet, loving person he is makes some days just that much nicer knowing he's a keystroke away. He always has kind words to say and includes everyone.
A special person.
Happy Birthday to dear Ron. Many many more. :)

San said...

You give an elegant party, Anndi.

Cheers to you the hostess! Cheers to the birthday boy!

Now please pass the cake.

Jeff B said...

Rushing over to do a little singing for him now.