Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Friday, September 19, 2008

Thanks and an update


Our thanks to everyone sending Chicklet good healing thoughts.

The x-ray showed no torn ligaments. YAY!

The girl has crutches and is getting used to them slowly.

I'm keeping her home on RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation). Another slow day and by Monday she'll be cool and zippy on the crutches. She'll be "Chickletifying" them over the next few days (using non permanent accessories since they're rented), maybe we'll have pics for you by then.


Oh... A blogger has drawn my attention to an outrage and I'll be working on my way of dealing with it today. Hopefully I'll be able to let all y'all know about it shortly.

15 comments:

buffalodick said...

Glad to hear all is well! Observing another culture and it's traditions/rituals is a good start to respecting and understanding that culture better. Good for her!

Anndi said...

Buf: We were relieved to get confirmation that her ligaments aren't torn. Thanks for the good thoughts.
I think we need to listen to our kids more and take our cue from them in such matters.

Lu' said...

Oh I forgot to comment for chicklet yesterday, dang. If I were there I would buy her theese,

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3260/2341917837_46de03c105.jpg

Feel better Anndi's most prized chicklet :)

Travis Cody said...

Torn ligaments are awful...glad she doesn't have those.

But doesn't the C in RICE stand for CAKE? Or maybe it was Rest, Ice Cream, Elevation. I forget.

Hehehehe

Anndi said...

Lu: Bunny cupcakes make up for it!

Travis: You're silly Uncle Travis!
SMOOCH
Chicklet says Ice Cream Cake!!!!

Charles Gramlich said...

The young ones heal quickly.

Fortune Cookies said...

I'm pretty sure I remember from my days as a nurse that ice cream helps ankles heal faster ;)

Today you can put a parrot on her shoulder and a patch on her eye in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day, just tell her to go around saying "ARRR - me stump be hurtin'"

seriously, I hope she's back to herself soon!

Brian o vretanos said...

That's good news.

San said...

Darn. I am so uncoordinated on crutches. I'm sure Chicklet will get the hang of it (them?) in no time. Thank goodness no torn ligaments. I hope she feels better soon. Enforce the RICE. It makes a world of difference in the healing. I had a mishap with my knee once and as long as I kept trying to hobble about, the pain of course got worse. The RICE did the trick.

Anndi said...

Charles: Thank goodness!

FC: That and chocolate!
Thanks for reminding me!

Brian: We were quite relieved.

San: I'm fairly graceful on them actually! Thanks for the get well wishes.
I'm all over it like white on rice... *wink*

Travis Cody said...

YES! Ice Cream CAKE!

Now that's more proof that you have one smart Chicklet.

Ron said...

YAY!!!!!

SO glad to hear that Chicklet had no torn ligaments!!!!

See...it's all those MYSTICAL healing thoughts from your readers!!!!

VOODOO!

Desert Songbird said...

Soooooo glad there are no tears or breaks. Here's hoping she's back on her own feet soon!

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

I was out of town and mised this.. glad to hear she is doing okay!

And yes, you have an awesome kid!

(she has a pretty awesome mom though...)

Katman said...

Bet she's feeling a bit tender...bless. At least she has a great team of parents to give her some TLC!!

Wish her a speedy recovery from all in my little clan