Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Angel Eyes



My life changed 11 years ago, today. I met the most beautiful soul and gazed in the eyes of an angel.

Her father and I were blessed with:

10 perfect fingers...
10 perfect toes...
a cute little button nose...
a full head of dark hair...
and yummy soft cheeks.

My Sweetpea, my girl.


I've watched her take her first steps and heard her first words.
I've lived through the "I do MYSELF's" and "NONONONOs" (barely).


I've listened to her many, many, many versions of the "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes, and watched as she slept in my arms (I still watch her sometimes *sigh*).

I couldn't be prouder of her. She has a sharp mind, the curiosity of Alice in Wonderland (and her blue eyes - we're in for quite a few adventures...), a giggle and a snort that never fail to make me chuckle, a kind and thoughtful heart and some day she'll accomplish great things (like become head of the United Nations or raise her own little chicklets).


I can't say I'm ready for the pre-teens... not by a long shot. But time waits for no mother.

Soon enough I'll be at wits end with requests for cell phones (this has already started...) and "Mom, I NEED my driver's permit... "


and raids in my shoe closet... (this too has already started *sigh* - she'll be stealing my Guess wedges any day now)


My only wish is that she continues to stay true to herself. She has an awesome sense of what is good and right and I know she'll be just fine.

Go on, little wing, explore...


Discover new worlds...



Solve the mysteries of life...



But remember to bring your cape when you head out to save the world.







Bonne Fête mon trésor. Je t'aime.


"We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves"
- May Lamberton Becker

38 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Great shots of her growing up. Wish her a happy birthday for me.

Liz Hill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICKLET!!!!!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

11!!!!! Correct me if I am wrong, but she sures looks a lot like her mom, doesn't she?

Cooper said...

Happy Birthday, Chicklet!!! Like Moom like daughter...

Cooper said...

Yeah...I can type...

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

Happy birthday Chicklet!

Oh Anndi, you are such a good mom... she is so lucky to have you... and you are so lucky to have her :)

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

Happy birthday Chicklet!

Oh Anndi, you are such a good mom... she is so lucky to have you... and you are so lucky to have her :)

Dianne said...

Happy Birthday Gorgeous Girl!!

I love all the photos Anndi, thanks for sharing so much

I want a seat upfront at the General Sessions when she runs the UN
I want them to be able to see me making faces at them

Love to you both
"Mama"

Unknown said...

aw! good progression shots! :) happy birthday indeed.

Irish Gumbo said...

Happy Birthday to Chicklet!

Lovely pictures and a beautiful tribute. *sniff*

John Holland said...

Happy Birthday to Chicklet!

Anndi said...

Travis Erwin: it was hard picking just a few :). She says thank you.

Turnbaby: Chicklet says "thanks auntie Turnbaby!"

Gary: Stop rubbing it in LOL! Yup, she's my very own mini-moi (Lord save you all!)

Coop: You rock my friend! (You should have seen the excitement at the thought that she would get to play drums on the Wii RockBand!!!)

Kay: Thank you ThanK you *giggle* I'm blessed, I am.

Mama Dianne: I thought of you when I was going through the pictures and well... *hugs*

Virginia: thanks sweetie :)

IG: You're a darling. my friend. She says "thanks uncle Gumbo! Um, mommy, what's a Gumbo? At least he's Irish" *giggle*

John: she's loving all these birthday wishes! Thank you!! :)

Jay said...

Happy Birthday to the Chicklet!!!!!!

Travis Cody said...

Bonne Fete mon petite cheri!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Great pictorial...again, Happy Birthday Chicklet!

Thom - - Dr. John said...

Happy Birthday young lady.

We'll be celebrating an 11th as well in a couple of days.

Charles Gramlich said...

Happy B-day indeed. Yeah!

Dana said...

Happy Birthday Chicklet!!

Vodka Mom said...

That was a lovely tribute!!!

Oh happy day........

Anndi said...

Jay: Why thank you dear!

Oncle Travis: ooooh lala! Merci!

Bond: Picking was torture... but on the good side, I have enough to make quite the slide show when she has her Sweet Sixteen, and her bridal shower, and wedding, and has her first Chicklet, and so on...

Uncle Jeffy: Thanks! Kinda cool we had our kidlets around the same time :) Destiny? may be...... (oh, made her favourite banana chocolate chip muffins for her birthday, kept some for ya! smooch)

Dana: Thanks!

Vodka Mom: She's a lovely girl (for now LOL) - indeed a most joyous day :)

Slyde said...

some great shots of your little angel..

and she really is looking more and more like you as she gets older :)

zipbagofbones said...

She's still got tons of gorgeous hair! Happy Birthday to the pre-teen!

Those pics are great

Akelamalu said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR LITTLE CHICKLET! :)

Desert Songbird said...

My baby girl just turned 13 on Monday - ACK! I haven't had time to post about it because....well, you know why...

Cheesy said...

My lord that smile lights up the world eh?

Meribah said...

Awww, what a sweetie. She's gonna drive the boys bonkers! Wait...you're probably not ready to hear that, are you? LOL :P

Unknown said...

That actually made me cry...but I'm not a softie! Happy Birthday, Chicklet!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Just like her mama.

TopChamp said...

happy birthday! (Bit late - sorry).

I love seeing the photos - it's cool to see how her face has changed as she's grown up.

Katman said...

Fanastic Anndi. That really was a lovely snapshot of Chicklets life. To be honest, tho, with you as a mum, she isn't going to go far wrong in life!

Hope she had a great birthday. Give her my regards.

RW said...

I'm late! I'm sorry belated birthday wishes to Chicklet! :D

CrystalChick said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your Chicklet!
Really sweet post, Anndi

Thom - - Dr. John said...

Looking for my long lost sis. Yuhooooo. . . hellooooooo. . .

amynoroom said...

Awe, what sweet sweet baby pictures! I love these photos. Thanks for sharing them with us!!

rachael chatoor said...

What a beautiful post, a beautiful journey, and a wish for the future.

Go on little wing explore....

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Happy, Happy Chicklet. You are very lucky. Your mom loves you to death and the greatest from where I sit...

DeDee said...

Happy Belated Birthday Chicklet!
Oh and mom pre teen seems to be happening early. So get your seat belt on as you are in for a ride.
For both great times and not so great times.

DeDee said...

Oh and what I mean by early is all kids. I have an 11 year old who thinks she is going on 16 already.