Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Holiday

I celebrate Christmas.

Why? Listen to Linus...



If you're upset because some people are disturbed at the commercialization of Christmas, then I expect you don't understand why Charlie Brown struggled with the Christmas pageant... but I do. I celebrate the Hope that was given to the world on that Sainted and Holy Night. A Hope carried forth by us all in our peaceful moments.

For my fellow Christians, I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends.

Kwanzaa Greetings to those of African descent.

A blessed Eid al-Adha to Muslims and a hope for Peace.

And to my Pagan friends, Joyous Yule. May the Winter Solstice bring you renewed light.

15 comments:

Mike Golch said...

A great posting.thanks for it.

Charles Gramlich said...

Linus got it right.

Anndi said...

Mike, I'm glad you enjoyed the clip... I found my way back to it after struggling with a few things of late.

Charles, he sure did. And while I enjoy giving my daughter gifts (as the Kings did), I make sure she knows why we celebrate this time of year.

Ron said...

Thank you for sharing this my twin!

I needed to hear this right about now.

I LOVE "A Charlie Brown Christmas!"

I especially love the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I saw them in the grocery store that I shop in and am half tempted to get one this year. They're so CUTE!

X and Happy Holidays to you and Chicklet!

Connie said...

Lovely post, Anndi. Thank you. Merry Christmas and wishing peace to you as well.

Jeff B said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you my dear!

Cooper said...

I was going to post that on my blog!!!! I love listening to Linus' speech....

Akelamalu said...

Lovely post Anndi. x

Nessa said...

I love the universal joyous wishes.

Car Goes Boom

Bogey said...

AnnDi, if people can grasp that concept, then the rest of the Christmas Season should be considered gravy. Unless we can ignore the holiday rhetoric coming from mass media blitzes and put things back into perspective, it is just so easy to lose sight of the big picture. Now who would have thought this message could be summed up in a little over a minute. Lovely post...simple and to the point.

Joyeux Noel!

Michelle said...

Beautiful post, Ann.

Best of Christmas blessings to you. Both hubby and I are unemplyed and struggling this year. He was made redundant in Feb, I actually quit a year before, when he was working and paid well - I thought I'd take time out to write for myself... BAD timing!!! This Christmas will be one of no presents or "frills" for us. It makes you look at the deeper meanings - the real reason for holidays behind the "spendspendspend" hype.

Dianne said...

Linus is The Man! :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Where peace begins...

Thank you for boldly sharing your foundation of peace.

nitebyrd said...

Christmas is what you make of it. Go for glitz and greed or celebrate the joy of the season, it's your choice.

Charlie Brown and Co. got it right.

Merry Christmas, to you!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Merry Christmas to my Canadian friend...

Hope our card arrives...