Walking away is not an option... dialogue must prevail.

"A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
- Kenneth A. Wells

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

Friday, November 4, 2011

Dona Nobis Pacem - 2011



Took a while to post this, had to get rid of the cobwebs...

So... Here's how it works. Every year, I write a post for Queen Mimi's BlogBlast For Peace. Every year, the initial spark of inspiration comes from a song I hear. A few notes, some lyrics, a feeling... and off I go.

Imagine my surprise when this year the lyrics that jumpstarted my post were:


"Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes.
Maybe, it's not too late
to learn how to love
and forget how to hate..."
- Ozzy Osbourne, Crazy Train

That's right, people. ... I went to my peaceful place because of Ozzy. On the Crazy Train. That's way outside the box for most people. I know. But then, just goes to show... Peace is everywhere, even where some might not expect it. I imagine past visitors have come to expect a kumbaya feel good song from me, the peace hippie bee. And I come up with Ozzy. Stop looking at me like that, I don't control it.

But here's the thing: he goes on to say "You have to listen to my words"

*insert rocking guitar riff HERE (headbanging optional - air guitar twang compulsory - and I'm watching so go on, do it... you know you want to, besides you already think I've lost my mind, do you really want to upset me?!)*

We've been saying this all along... Words matter. It's why we believe that blogging, tweeting, facebooking for Peace makes sense.

Because words matter...



And then I see this video and I get it. Change... the music changed, my words (well my quote) changed... because "crazy" has been defined by some wise people as "doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result". Guess my muse planned this all along.

Now go forth, and try something different, in the spirit of Peace. If we want Peace, something is going to have to change... *wink*

Remember to be mindful of the words you use.

Anndi's Peace "Jukebox" 


I had to... this song started this post after all!




My more traditional peace hippie bee kumbaya most perfect peace song... with Arlo


One Love

Trying something different...

Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon. A happiness weapon. A beauty bomb. And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one. It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air. Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas. And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight. Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in. With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest. And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination.
~Robert Fulghum

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good words and tunes to post. Happy Peace Blog Day. Hope all is well.

catsynth said...

An inventive selection for today! Wishing you and everyone peace!

Anonymous said...

The power of words video always brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for posting it. *Peace*

Jeff B said...

Holy Cow!!! She's back from being semi-retired.

Great post my dear and nice to see you again in the bloggisphere.

Akelamalu said...

As always I love your message Anndi. You rock gal.

CrystalChick said...

*tears* on that first vid!

A beautiful post, thanks for sharing it.

Wishing you a day, weekend, month, year, full of love and peace. x

Finding Pam said...

Love that video. It is powerful.I'm wishing you a Peace filled day.

Peace be with you.
Pam

Travis Cody said...

I love the idea...even slightly demented old rockers can speak eloquently about peace. And the Fulghum quote at the end is a favorite.

Best wishes to you and yours for peace today and all the days to come.

Claudia said...

I love your choices!! Great idea of expanding the topic - yea!

Susan Demeter said...

Happy Peace Day!

Billie Greenwood said...

I love your call to action, and--if I may--I think you're a gr-eat writer! Lovely post and a real uplift! Thanks for BB4Ping!

Gallery of the Mountains said...

Wonderful story and yes peace comes in many ways and with many teachers!

lime said...

what an excellent meditation on seeds for peace. i especially love that fulghum quote. wonderful.. thank you.

Irish Gumbo said...

I think you found your mind, my dear.

Where you least expect it...peace to you, for now and evermore.

I am mindful of my words, its why i must write.

Peace. Yes, please.

Carver said...

I love your peace globe and a great post too. I think a crayola bomb is a great idea.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your contribution to Blog Blast for Peace.
Peace be with you and yours.

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

United we all stand today, and every day, for world peace. Oh if only the humans in charge could get it together. Peace to you and your family.

nelsonRN said...

great and powerful post, anndi! i love the vids. i also believe in the power of words. peace be with you always!

ShannonW said...

Peace be with you today and every day!

Susie Clevenger said...

I pray peace for all of us...music often jump starts my writing...how often do we dance/bang our heads to a tune and not really listen...so glad Ozzy could inspire you. :) Great Job!

Shauna said...

traveled through the power of words again and find this lesson to be so
powerful.

Bluezy said...

"I want you to listen,
I'm try'n' ta get through".

"Just remember love is life, and hate is living death.
Treat your life for what it's worth and live for ev'ry breath."

(from A National Acrobat)

"Children of the future
Watching empires fall
Madness the cup they drink from
Self destruction the toll."

"Mother, please show the children
Before it's too late
To fight each other, there's no one winning
We must fight all the hate."

(from Revelation Mother Earth)

but YOU knew this I am sure, Anndi. Just wanted you know I stand outside that box with you!

Mofo'in Peace, baybee!

Commander Zaius said...

A Crayola bomb would be totally cool!

Great post!

Tink said...

As I said, wonderful globe! Great post too. :) Peace to you and yours!

Michelle said...

Smashing... the whole thing is just perfect, Ann.

Bravo

Loved all of it... put together perfectly. It touches the heart.

x

RA said...

I love the warm colors and feeling of your peace template. Thanks for sharing the inspiring tunes and videos along with it. I found myself nodding, while reading your post. Let's hope for a better change within us all. Robert Fulghum is one of my favorites. Last year I used his quote on my globe. Dona Nobis Pacem :).

Robin said...

Music truly is a direct path to peace, through our ears straight to our hearts. (Yup, I've got more than a little bit of the hippie-dippy kumbaya thing going on myself...)

I wish you peace, today and every day.

Mimi Lenox said...

Oh, I am not surprised. Hippies (and I refuse to call them old) know how to combine edgy with marshmallow songs and fireside guitars. I like the way your thoughts turn on the Crazy Train. It's a good kind of crazy.

P.S. Do you know how many people miss your blogging?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
Love you

carolina mts said...

Wishing you peace. Lovely post.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so love this post, especially the idea from Robert Fulghum, which I had not come across. Way to blog for peace. Keep on Keeping On!!!!

Ferd said...

"peace is everywhere..."
"you have to listen..."

Right on, Anndi!
Peace!

meowmeowmans said...

Sorry we're just getting here now to read your wonderful BlogBlast for Peace post. That Fulghum quote is especially terrific.

Peace to you, today and always.

CyberCelt said...

I really enjoyed this post. I am sorry, I did not listen to Ozzie, but I did view the others. I loved the sign of the blind man.

Peace in our time.

Namaste.

Anonymous said...

Anndi has it been one year already ? wow time passes .Thanks for visting my peace post again ☺
Lol Ozzy who knew !
I have to say this video One Love is such a spirit moving version I am going to share it with all my friends & family .
My brother is still in prison in QC so it is good to know there are people there working for peaceful solutions .
Thanks so much for sharing
Lov Rox

ConnieFoggles said...

I get it. Maybe it's because I'm on that crazy train. But it makes so much sense. Peace to you too!

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

My view of crazy Ozzy Osbourne has been irrevocably changed! Goes to show that peace and love can come from the most unexpected places...

Judy, South Africa

Annelisa said...

Excellent post, Anndi...maybe a little bit 'off the wall' is what we all need to walk straight :-)

[A link to your post will be on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' soon]

Mimi Lenox said...

#2401 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery at blogblastforpeace.com

Smooch.